Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:42:12 AM

Author Topic: In need of confirmation on limit switch wiring.  (Read 3374 times)

In need of confirmation on limit switch wiring.
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:10:47 PM »
I have purchased a used cnc router and am about to instal limit switches. The machine is running Mach3.  I have read the "hot topic" posting on limit switches and believe I have it figured out but would like some confirmation that it is correct.  This machine has a ST-V3 board and I was able to locate a diagram on it to identify which  pin is what.  I am also waiting on two E-Stop buttons and want to install these as well. My plan is to put these in series all through one pin (pin10) and return to the ground pin, then use pin 13 for the e-stop button.  I am also under the impression I will be able to use these switches as homing switches and soft limits.
Here is a photo of the board that is with the system:
here is the diagram I found that identifies the pins:
Here is a crude diagram of my plan on wiring this up:
My questions are, does this look correct? Is there a different / better way? My hope is to add future items to the machine such as spindle speed and a touch off plate.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Re: In need of confirmation on limit switch wiring.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
Just in case someone is still looking around here....
I temporarily wired the six switches.  I currently have used a separate pin for each axis, X=P10, Y=P11, and Z=P12.  I have run the router and manually tripped each axis with success.  Here is the current issue that is in need of help:
When I hit the "REF HOME" the Y axis starts to move however the Right Stepper travels toward home while there is NO movement on the Left Stepper, then the Right Stepper stalls out.  I hit the emergency stop and then reset. I then use the keyboard to move the router and it seems to work just fine.  All "seems" to be operating good until I hit the "Ref Home"...
What am I missing?
Any help would be great!
ra
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Still a timely topic, I just got a 6040 and I need to add limit switches.
Thanks for the post, it will help.
Fred
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 10:04:09 PM »
Glad to hear it.  Enjoy the journey....
Rockaukum