Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:56:05 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Axis Calibration Mystery  (Read 19508 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Axis Calibration Mystery
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 07:54:13 AM »
1.what version of Mach3 are you using?
  What Cambam version are you using?
2.Draw something simple in Cambam and see if you have the same problem.
  What ever you draw generate the code for it and also export it as a dxf.
  Post the complete code and the dxf file.
3.I assume that you are using the Mach3 post processor in Cambam and there are a number of settings
  for it. Make sure that the settings are the same as how Mach3 is configured.See / understand the   differences in the Arc Center Mode.

Haven't used Cambam recently but it always generated good code for me.

RICH
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 10:38:13 AM »
Hello Rich,

I am using Mach3 version R3.043.066

I am using CamBam Plus [0.9] Rel 8P.

You'll have the dxf and the gcode in a sec.

(Hitherto I have produced the dxf in Rhinoceros, exported it with R12 Natural Export dxf mode, and the drawing appeared unchanged in CamBam, have been able to do holding tags etc. in CamBam on it). And I have done several dxfs that just worked all the way, this way.

best regards

Anders
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »
I have of course been through every aspect of the Machining > Arc Center Mode, set it to default + set the postprocessor to Mach3, set Arc Center Mode to absolute, set it to Incremental CP1, P1C etc.

Just before I thought I have solved the problem and let the machine run an nc file, it made all the drill holes in my design, then set off to make a perfect arc all the way through a sheet of 2440 x 1220 x 21 plywood, and would have continued off the table if I had not stopped it. Reason that I thought I had solved it was that there was no toolpath showing, but neither any "Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start" message. Maybe there's a graphics card problem also...

The nc files (the Gcode that CamBam makes) with the crazy loops are in size about 150 KB to 400 KB, my PC has 1GB RAM.

The successful nc-files are way smaller , less than 50 KB

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 01:44:06 AM »
Hi Anders,

Just checked your posted Gcode file - it loads and runs just fine here (as it is, using G91.1).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »
Anders,
File runs fine here also and using Mach3 version  062.

I don't use Mach  version  066 and is problematic. I would suggest you use install and try version 062 or less.
See if that solves your problems.

RICH
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »
Hi again,
@ Rich:
I will definitely try and rum version 062, thank you.

@Tweakie:

Have a look at the attached photo.
To the left in the mauvegreen field the Gcode in digits, and in the line with the setting of this specific Gcode: G91.1.
Below the General configuration window: IJ mode : Incremental
And in the toolpath window behind: Crop circles.

The photo is taken just after launching Mach3, nothing has been meddled with.

I also attach a copy of this specific code.

Along with a dxf of what I want Mach3 to show/ cut.

?

best regards,

Anders
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »
Hi Rich tried to swap to v. 062, same thing

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 01:21:05 AM »
Hi Anders,

Clearly the Gcode shown in your last picture is not the same Gcode file as you originally posted.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:22:53 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 07:01:50 AM »
Anders,
Attached pic shows backplot of reply 25 posted nc file as compared to
the dxf. Notice that x axis is scaled in the code as compared to the dxf and also some stuff was not selected. I don't know what your doing in CamBam...........

I got the crop circles in Mach when the nc file was loaded.

Like Tweakie replied the file is not what you originaly posted.

Did you try the "original posted file" with correct config in version 062?

If you stay with the original posted info and solve the problem then
you can go on to more complicated stuff.

RICH
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »
Hi,

The files posted in reply #22 was my attempt to solve the assignment that you, Rich, gave me in reply #20; the files run fine here, too. So I guess I can say that with the original posted info, there never was a problem.

I have a number of .nc-files that run fine.

However, I have a vast number of .nc-files which in Mach3 open with crop circles. They're all exported as .dxfs [dxf-option: R12 _ natural] from Rhinoceros, opened in CamBam in which they are processable and editable [profiles, drills, holding tabs etc]. Toolpath generated, then Gcode.

I can say with some certainty that the problem is not with Rhinoceros, since I have .nc-files done this way, who have no crop circles. And the .dxfs when opened i CamBam show no sign of crop circles, neither the ones that turn out to run fine in Mach3, nor the ones that come up with crop circles in Mach3.

I am sorry that I have sent a wrong .dxf-file, the correct one in relation to the screenshot in #25 you find attached to this post.

We are on the same level here: You have opened the .nc-file and you have experienced the crop circles, although both the Gcode had G91.1 in the prior section, and Mach3 was set to Incremental, right?

Is there any way that Mach3 can assume another IJ mode setting than the one that shows in the Gcode, is there any way that those crop circles are produced by some other instance than the G91.1/G90.1//GenConfig >IJmode:Absolute / Incremental setting?

best regards
Anders