Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:40:51 PM

Author Topic: Cslabs ips epid error on tool change  (Read 4148 times)

Cslabs ips epid error on tool change
« on: February 20, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
Im having a little problem with my mill and looking for some help, I have a heavy modded x2 mill, running csmio ips, clearpath servos, liner rails, and a renishaw tool probe and tool setter. Im running mach 3 version 3.043.062 and the latest from cslabs. I have Gerry 2010 screen set. The problem arises when i give an m6 code for tool change. I start the mill, home all the axis, set my x and y zero, then using the screen-set I probe the part zero and the offset of the tool setter. Then i load my g code and cycle start, it moves to my tool change x and y and i add my end mill, hit cycle start again and as soon as the end mill touches the tool setter i get a epid fault and reset warring screen and i have to start all over. My controller is a step and direction and does not even have pid control. Im not sure what to do next, ive looked at the macros and as much information as i could find online and nothing is working, I also contacted cslabs but have not got an email back. Looking for a little help. This mill build has been a year in the making and this one fault is holding me up. Any info is a big help. Thanks guys.
Alan

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Cslabs ips epid error on tool change
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 10:17:13 AM »
I have a Bridgeport conversion, same screen-set and cmsmio-ip/a and servo's - I had the exact same issue, never could fix it.

It seems it does not like move instructions in the M6 macro's - i removed mine and the mill just stops where it is, I jog to do a manual tool change then press start and it works ok.

I really have no idea what goes on here but fail to see how to fix it with an ATC in there. there must be a reason for it.

My stepper/UC100 driven mill worked ok so it must be the csmio units somehow.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
Ive gotten a little farther sense the last post. I went back to mach 3 version . 028 and have added the m31 macro from cslabs and im no longer getting the error and im able to use the tool change macros from the screenset. I want to thank gerry for the help in correcting the problem. All cslabs told me was to backdate it to version .022 and the vb script must be bad, no real help from them.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »
Interesting, thanks, i think i'm on 062