Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:14:48 PM

Author Topic: Please help a newbie out  (Read 4075 times)

Please help a newbie out
« on: February 15, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »
I am a complete newbie and really need some help, I just want to create a simple shape for the moment (10cm round name tag) but I just cant figure it out.

If anyone could help me out with a GCode to get me going I would be soooo thankful!

Also If anyone can suggest any videos that I could watch that would be of help that would be great, The programs I'm using are Fusion 360, Meshcam, Mach3, If there are easier programs out there for a newbie please let me know...I'm really struggling.

Thank you all so very much for your help

P.s This may be a stupid question but is there a way to have the GCode set up so I just change the name on the nametag or do I need a whole new GCode?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:26:40 PM by newbie014 »
Re: Please help a newbie out
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
Whoops, Here is the picture
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »
Sounds like you need to get yourself a good CAD program.
I've never used Fusion 360 but I do have Meshcam. Don't use it though.
Have a look at the Vectric range of programs. They allow you to design your projects, asign toolpaths and directy load the file into Mach3 using the correct post processor.
Watch this video about name tag production and see if that's what you want to do.
http://www.vectric.org/video/aspire3/2d_mach/b07-production-plate-function-web/07-production-plate-function.html
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »
Thank you ozymax, I will have a look at the Vectric programs.
That I basically what I want to create although (not sure on correct terminology) I don't want to engrave the names I want to cut them out.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Either you engrave or cutout the names. That's a simple case of using a different toolpath for what you want.
The really nice thing with the Vectric programs, is that they have a preview feature, so you see exactly what you will get before you start cutting any material.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:03:41 PM »
Awesome, Thank you. Ive just downloaded the trail version, wish me luck lol
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »
Just like this forum, the Vectric forum has an amazing support base of people willing to help.
http://forum.vectric.com/index.php?sid=a571e847802eb0ce576228100ee5d05b
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
super easy to use but it wont allow me to save a toolpath in the trial version. :( :( :( :( :(
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 08:26:59 PM »
Is there any trial version that allow you to save the toolpath?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 08:33:39 PM by newbie014 »
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 10:58:16 PM »
No.
The trial version will allow you to do anything in the program except save a toolpath file.
That's kinda where the preview comes in handy.
If you can see the preview as you want it, then the software is going to function how you need it.
Personally, I would like to see the trial versions allow you to save a file for a day, then the files are unusable after that, but I'm not Vectric.
Depending on what future projects you want to do will depend on what program to buy. If you're only going to do tags, then Possibly Cut2D would suit you. But if you want to get into more elaborate stuff, then Vcarve Pro or Aspire would be a better choice.
Go through the list of features that each have and choose wisely.