Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:20 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 jog speeds very slow setting up a second computer  (Read 1977 times)

Mach3 jog speeds very slow setting up a second computer
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »
I have used Mach 3 in both Mill and Turn for many years and I am about to upgrade the computer and at the same time will go over to using a Motion Controller. I still have  R3 042 033 running fine on my old computer.
I downloaded the latest code for Mach3 on to the new computer and laboriously went through the screens setting them up as per the old computer having both screens side by side. I copied my licence file across and it showed up in the about screen so must be working. I use metric and of course changed the units to metric, and all the settings were the same on both computers. As I will be using a motion controller I did not enable the LPT connection. All seemed well and things seem to work except the jog speed is very slow and I cannot improve it. I have tried both the jog settings as before and all combinations of settings. (I have tried both the tab screen for jogging and the Shuttle pro I use for pendant control. but it is the same for both.)

I then uninstalled Mach3 off the new computer and cleaned up the remaining files and removed the remaining Mach3 directory.

I copied the Mach3 folder with all the settings from my old computer and again it recognised my licence and all seemed well except the jog speed was as slow as before. I just do not know what to try now. Any suggestions?

John
Re: Mach3 jog speeds very slow setting up a second computer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:04:00 AM »
OK solved my own problem. I now have the UC100 USB converter. What a great piece of kit! I didn't have to make any changes to my Mach 3 settings except change the Kernel speed to 100Khz and adjust the motor tuning. I am now running on Windows 7 on a 3 year old laptop. The jogging can be so fast it is too fast for the modest dimensions of my mill and lathe. What is relieving is that despite setting crazy speeds there is no sign of the steppers not coping with the speed. This is amazing. I wish I had bought one earlier. I don't know why the simulation mode showed different speeds to the ones the old XP computer, but who cares if it works so well now. The software made the installation simple.

John