Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:57:35 AM

Author Topic: Problems Getting Movement  (Read 2229 times)

Problems Getting Movement
« on: February 01, 2017, 07:59:02 PM »
Where I am at right now after connecting my computer and UC100 Pendant to my Gecko G50 is as follows.
Before I connect the UC100 Pendant I have a Green Light on the G540 until I reset my E-Stop.
I have my axis setup as follows X-axis Step 2, Dir 3; Y-axis Step 4, Dir 5; Z-axis Step 6, Dir 7 and A-axis Step 8, Dir 9 Slaved to the X axis and these are all on Port 1.
I'm beginning to think that my E-Stop is wired incorrectly for starters. Its wired Diagonally across the Inputs at the moment.
On the Diagnostic Page I have a Red Signal in I/O Monitor on 3,7,9 and Idle In UCCNC and in Mach3 there are No Red Lights showing.

Regardless as to whether or not I'm using UCCNC or Mach 3, I can get Zero Movement.

At this point I have a $6000.00 Boat Anchor instead of an Openbuilds OX CNC Router.

Does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Getting Movement
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:24:19 AM »
I'm beginning to think that my E-Stop is wired incorrectly for starters. Its wired Diagonally across the Inputs at the moment.

Your EStop should be a normally closed contact and wired between Pin 10 and GND (Pin 12).

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 04:24:53 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »
I have since discovered that my E-Stop which was wired as per the Gecko G540 website with the Closed side to terminal 10 and the Normally Closed side to the -V of the power supply was in fact a NO Switch which I have since replaced. I also discovered that the cheap DB25 Mini-Gender Changer supplied with my new UC100 Pendant had missing pins and on top of that my high dollar Parallel Pass Through Cable actually only passed signals to 4 of the 25 connections after doing a continuity test. I've since ordered another DB25 M/M Gender Changer.

But back to the G540, I've been told now that the Closed side goes to Pin 10 and the Normally Closed side can go to Pin 12 or 7. Pin 12 is also per the directions posted on the Gecko Website, yet I've read where more than a few buyers have had their units burn out.

I've tried the phone support but every time I call they're busy with someone else and they have never yet responded to their email support.

Can anybody here give me a definitive answer as to the correct wiring sequence?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 02:56:29 AM »
Can anybody here give me a definitive answer as to the correct wiring sequence?

Sorry for the confusion.

The definitive answer is shown in the Gecko documentation. If Gecko show EStop connected between Pin 10 and Pin 12 then that is the way you should connect it.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:34:11 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
I think that is where I was getting confused. As the Quick Setup Guide and the Manual Rev. 3 contradict each other. The Quick Step and the Manual both state Pins 10 and 12 and then they go on and provide a drawing with the connections between Pin 10 and the Power Supplies -V. I went with the drawing originally because of reports that people were having issues with their G540's burning up.