Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:40:33 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 some bugs - Help me.  (Read 3026 times)

Mach 4 some bugs - Help me.
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:51:35 PM »
I'm coming from mach 3 so let me know if things have changed. This is for a lathe.

1. I noticed that the arrow keys on the keyboard no longer work to move the axis'.
2. I can click on the DRO for Z and change the number by typing it on the keyboard, but the X axis I try clicking on it and nothing happens?
3. My diagnostics Tab is not there. I need to see what is keeping me from clearing an estop condition.
Re: Mach 4 some bugs - Help me.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »
I can answer number 2 for you.  If you choose Operator->Edit Screen then click on the XDro in the left side property box is an entry for 'Editor'.  I believe yours will be 'Read Only', change it to 'Keypad Extended'.  I'll be interested to hear the answers for the other questions.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
Ok the answers to 1 and 3.

1. On the jogging tab you will see a button that says "Keyboard Inputs Enable" this needs to be green which will remove the red cross from the icon in the taskbar.
3. Open up mach4mill using the wx4 screenset,  then Operator->Edit Screen look under main tabs in the tree and highlight tabDiag and right click on it, you should find an export. export this then load your profile and do exactly the same but this time import it and you should then have Diagnostic tab.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 11:44:31 AM »
Daz, you are the man!

Thanks for all of the support you have given here and love your videos both on Mach and you new builds. Looking forward to more.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Cool. Thanks I'll try that out. Did I hear videos? Where can I find those, if I can't find them on my own?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:45:28 PM »
For mach4:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?board=94.0

Daz also has a youtube channel you can subscribe to.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
Found it. Thanks.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 11:05:06 AM »
Cool. Got everything up and working, for the most part. Now I've just got some bugs with my motion controller and mach, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »
When I go to Config > Plugins > Keyboard Inputs and change the function to the keyboard inputs I want to use and then close it, it works, but when I reopen Mach it defaults back to the settings it had before.
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »
Ok turns out it's just a bug in mach. I restarted my computer and it worked. Then when I went to add more keyboard inputs it did the same thing. I can only enter one new keyboard input at a time, restart my computer then put another one it. Sucks, but works.