Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:22:40 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 problem, program starts in the middle  (Read 2304 times)

Mach 3 problem, program starts in the middle
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »

Hello All

I am running Mach 3 on a KL 6090 CNC router.

The problem is that when we try to load the G code file the machine will only load the 2nd half of the program  and therefore try to start cutting somewhere in the middle.

has anyone seen this problem before?

we are using a lap top with a USB adapter

thanks

A

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 problem, program starts in the middle
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
Which USB adapter are you using ?

Could you zip and post the problem Gcode file ?

Tweakie.

( please don't make multiple postings on the same topic - thanks )
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:01:43 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 02:31:35 PM »

Hello
first of all apologies for double posting, I was just not sure where the right place to post was.

1) The adapter is called UC 100 CNC motion controller. S/N 901C6E

2) We produce knives and we are trying to use the CNC machine to cut molds out of the kydex sheet and to drill rivet holes.

3) The problem we are having with the programs is that when we load the programs into Mach3 the program loads inconsistently.  Sometimes the entire program loads, sometimes the beginning of the program does not load and only some percentage of the end of the program loads.   We have not been able to figure out what causes it to load partially.

I am attaching the most problematic of the G-code file but we have 5 more that all have the same problem one way or another.

This is for a business and we have a budget to pay a consultant to fix the problem if you can refer one to us.  We are in Denver Colorado.

We do have a bunch of back ordered sheaths and the situation is becoming desperate.

I am attaching the the G code File and the solid works file we used to create it . 

We used the Mach 3 conversion software to create the c-code file.  Do you think upgrading to Mach 4 would help?

thank you for your help

Andreas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:38:09 AM »
Unfortunately your zip file did not contain the Gcode so I was unable to replicate the problem here.

Do you have a licensed version of Mach3 or are you running in Demo Mode ?

Tweakie.
PEACE