Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:57:13 AM

Author Topic: DFX to G Code  (Read 18392 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: DFX to G Code
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 06:20:19 AM »
 :)

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 02:27:40 PM »
I think I have a similar problem today I received some DFX files (very simple project) to try out the system but I can't get then into meaningful gcode anyone offer any help.......I'm sure I am just missing the obvious!

Thanks

I would attach one of the files if I could see how! It's only 21k.

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »
Click 'Additional Options' at the bottom left of the reply screen.

Graham.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Thanks I was using the 'quick reply' so didn't get that option!

Got to go out but will check for wisdom later .......thanks guys!

It's a little bird box BTW!

•  2,673 2,673
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 02:49:57 PM »
Try this :-

it uses a 3mm end mill and cuts 3mm deep.

Graham.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 03:52:27 PM »
Graham that is brilliant! So are you willing to tell me how you worked that magic ......I had just spent 2hrs getting nowhere!
Thanks for the help.

Jim
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 02:27:10 PM »
Can anyone put me right on this - Graham made it look so easy! I've got six files to convert and anything I try just gives me about six lines of rubbish code! I have hunted the web for some suitable software but it's all megabucks! I have tried - import DXF option in Mach 3- but the g code it generates does not resemble the component, although the component is shown correctly in the import window.
Thanks
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 07:32:11 AM »
Hey old.bodger, I assume you are using LazyCam.
Have you viewed the video tutorials for LazyCam. They sould guide you through the process and answer most if not all of your questions.
Piece of cake.

Of course you need the license to generate any code when offsetting.
Regards,
RC

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 07:38:21 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »
Thanks for that Overloaded, caused a big step forward as I hadn't discovered Lazycam ! Seems I must have not installed it (I assume that that is possible?) probably some ignorant box clicking at installation!
Now for the step backwards......firstly I watched the Video and was really happy that it would do all that I needed.
Redid the prog. download and re installed and rebooted. I now have Lazycam in the file drop down box and this fires up the version of lazycam as per the video (v 2.00.031) , BUT,' when I try to import the .dfx files it reports ' no entities found in imports'.
Again BUT! I also seem to have gained a desktop icon to lazycam V3.00 this opens the files exactly as they should look but of course nothing matches the tutorials ( I think I downloaded this version by error whilst trying to work out why I didn't have lazycam) .......Stalemate!

I am so confused now how should I progress????

Thanks all
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
I make my drawings in AutoCad Lite, then export the dwg to the LCam samples folder, which is in the Mach3 folder. That miraculously converts the file to a dxf. Click "Open DXF" in LCam and go from there.
I have no idea if this is the proper method...I'm new at this. But hey....it works for me. (knock knock)
How did you create your drawings ?
Post another one....let's have a look.
RC