Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:59:52 AM

Author Topic: only 2 axis moving when all 3 axis are enable!!! HELP!!  (Read 2772 times)

only 2 axis moving when all 3 axis are enable!!! HELP!!
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »
hi, i ran into an issue after setting up my chinese cnc machine 3040 that i have purchased in ebay, and im running mach3. my issue is, the hotkeys for the differeent axis and how to enable each axis idividually to operate. My motors seem to be switched around or maybe this is because of the input/output plugins. when i hold down the right or left arrow keys for the X axis, the mach 3 program shows the z axis coordinates increasing, but what is actually moving is the table from left to right. this also happens for the spindle(Zaxis). and the Y axis has no movement at all, but i did enable it on.... someone please help me!! i cannot find a similar issue anywhere.... to recap: pres left or right arrow key for Xaxis, table moves but in mach3 shows the Zaxis coordiantes inceasing. y axis has no movement but it is turned on. and pressing page or down for Zaxis, spindle moves but Xaxis coordinates increasing in mach3 software.
Re: only 2 axis moving when all 3 axis are enable!!! HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
Hi,
sounds like the keys and/or your axes need re ordering. Try using MDI instead.

Go to the MDI(Alt 2) tab. Click on the MDI line and enter some move instructions.

Try G1 X5 F20    --I am assuming your machine is in inches here, if in mm use this instead
      G1 X100 F300  and hit enter.
The X dro should now move to the required co-ord, 5 if in inch, or 100 if in mm.

G1 X0 should now see the DRO decrease back to 0.
Does the X axis move when you do this? If it does now move on to the other axes in turn.

G1 Y5 F20.....enter..... G1 Y0.... enter
G1 Z2...... enter......G1 Z0.... enter

Next while still on the MDI page hit the tab key....and the MPG flyout should appear.
Experiment with the jog buttons. It should confirm which axis moves with each button.
Report back to let us know how you got on.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »
Thanks craig. i have tried what you have told me to do, and yes all axis move when given the inputs... the only problem now is that when i press the up or down arrow keys for the yaxis, the DRO for the yaxis increases and decreases but phisically it is the Xaxis moving, but when i do the opposite as in pressing the arrow keys for the Xaxis, the DRO counts but the Y axis does not move at all. neither vice versing the problem. the Z axis moves as it should be now, by pressing page up, down the Z axis dro counts aswell.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:55:10 PM »
Hi JulioAlarez,
clearly you have the pins assigned to the incorrect drivers.

Can you post a screen shot of your Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs page.

Craig
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
These are the motor inputs I have as of right now.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »
Hi JulioAlvarez,
easiest way to fix is just change the pin assignments.

Try Ystep=2
      Ydir =3
That should ensure that the Y motor moves with the Y DRO. Leave the Z assignments alone.
I'm guessing that you stepper drivers are mixed up inside your controller. As an experiment try

Xstep=8
Xdir= 9

Do you have a manual for the controller/drivers?

Craig
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »
no i dont have a manual for the  ontrollers or motors.. it is a chinese cnc that i purchased off  ebay.. a 3040