Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:36:24 PM

Author Topic: Touch ui screen load size  (Read 2048 times)

Touch ui screen load size
« on: January 18, 2017, 03:21:16 PM »
Hoping a brother can help me out on this. When I load the touch UI, the size is too small and you cant see all of the icons. Every time i use it, i have to resize it larger. I use a touch screen so this is kind of a pain. Just throwing this out there but the only thing the touch module is missing is a fast find feedrate followed by the measure feedrate. Other than that, it is the bomb! ;D
Re: Touch ui screen load size
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
also, how does it compensate for the probe tip travel? Or.... does it use the calibration from the probe screen?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Are you using any size modifiers in Windows? If so, that can mess up the sizing. A low resolution screen could too I suppose. But, the size is set to 900 X 530 on lines 555 and 556 in the module itself. Feel free to modify the size to suite your setup. Just save a copy somewhere if you do because if you update it will get overwritten.

There is no fast find or tip travel compensation. When using an actual tool as the probe neither of these are a good idea for obvious reasons. But if you do tune the settings fast find really isn't needed. It's not like it will do 3D probing for hours making thousand of touches nor is it meant to.

It gets the probe position at the time the state of the input changes, not when motion stops so decent probes should give very good results. However,if your using a probe it really doesn't matter if it travels a 1/2 inch after contact before the switch changes state, you could compensate for this by adding the overrun distance x 2 to the tool/probe diameter. As long as the probe works consistently and you do your touches at the same rate you can dial it right in. If the overrun distance of the probe is not the same and consistent in all directions this does not hold up............ but neither does tip travel comp. or calibration.

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
Found and changed the screen size, much better. You are wise beyond your years, Thanks

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »
Glad you got it sorted.  :)
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!