Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:19:49 AM

Author Topic: TouchOff UI  (Read 3236 times)

TouchOff UI
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:21:32 AM »
Hello,

I'm just reading the "Mach4 Touch Module" PDF and would like to know, what I have to do to use it. If I click the "Touch" button nothing happens  (engine is enabled). The probe is configured in Mach4 Input-Signals. Can anybody help me?

best regards from Germany
Klaus
Re: TouchOff UI
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 02:20:17 AM »
Hello,

can nobody tell me how I get the "TouchOFF UI" to work?

regards from Germany
Klaus

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:04 AM »
Hello Larsaf,

Assuming you installed Mach4 and all of its components in the default location and you are using one of the default (unedited) screens, it should just work.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:06:54 AM »
Hello,

I just made some tests and it seems there is an issue with my Pokeys plugin. When I remove all Pokeys files from the plugins directory the "Touch" button works. I noticed the same issue with the "Incremental Jpg Step" button.

best regards from Germany
Klaus

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »
If you have not already you probably should contact PoKeys and let them know what your seeing and see if they have an update that address's it.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 08:18:11 AM »
I just installed the latest Update (released today) but still the same issue so i send a mail to Pokeys.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »
Hopefully they will get you sorted pretty quick.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 10:16:44 PM »
FWIW, I am running the PokeysCNC board with plugin and the touchUI works for me. I do have one issue (posted this in December and got no replies) When I use the Z touch off during a tool change mid-program, as soon as I click the find Z button the next line of code to run resets to 1. The g code window does not move and the correct line is still highlighted blue, but I have to click a different line and then the correct line to set it before I can continue the program.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
FWIW, I am running the PokeysCNC board with plugin and the touchUI works for me. I do have one issue (posted this in December and got no replies) When I use the Z touch off during a tool change mid-program, as soon as I click the find Z button the next line of code to run resets to 1. The g code window does not move and the correct line is still highlighted blue, but I have to click a different line and then the correct line to set it before I can continue the program.

Afraid the touch module was never intended to be part of or used in a M6. If you want to do tool touch offs in your M6 you will need to write the touch script and add it to your M6. This may change in the future but not sure if or when.