Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:14:35 AM

Author Topic: Big trouble  (Read 4222 times)

Big trouble
« on: January 06, 2017, 08:14:27 PM »
Hi all. I am new to the cnc but my limit switch keeps tripping every 10 seconds approximately.  Even though no axis is even need the limit switches. So I go to the diagnostic screen and nothing is lit up. I then go to con fig /pots&pins/input and start x ing the limits until I stop getting the limit warning. It seems to be in the y axis and I don't know why I am getting this all of a sudden for no reason. Can anyone help me I'm out of ideas.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Big trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:06 AM »
Usually a broken or loose wire/connection.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 06:40:00 AM »
Have you introduced a new piece of electrical equipment near to your machine. I had a faulty strip light that gave electrical noise that caused strange signal to the computer via the BOB. You could try increasing the de-bounce to 200 in the general config pull down menu that might help if it is electronic noise that's causing the problem.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:57:06 AM »
No I was running a gcode and a limit tripped. I was just air cutting.  My switches are nc in the diagnostic screen there is no lights lit to tell me a limit has tripped
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:00:59 AM »
No I was running a gcode and a limit tripped. I was just air cutting.  My switches are nc in the diagnostic screen there is no lights lit to tell me a limit has tripped

If it is random noise causing it to trip sometimes the "signal" is faster than the computer screen scan time so no light will show up.
Check the Y axis wiring for broken or loose wires, especially the wire shielding connection if you are uisng it.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »
Okay I will check this morning. I will let you know how I make out  thanks

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 08:20:12 AM »
NC circuits are not usually prone to noise as there is a constant signal there - this is one of the good points of them over NO circuits.

I would engage the system, then start gently moving and wiggling the cables between the head and the control box, no need to go nuts, just a gentle wiggle, and see if you can make it trip.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »
I can't it trips without moving
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »
I wonder if my shield ground came off at the bob for the axis I am having trouble with
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 09:42:27 AM »
I closed mach and reopened it. Everything seems to be working fine now. I checked the wires no problems. I don't know why I got the glitch but it okay now. Any ideas.