Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:46:16 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Jog Speed veries  (Read 3387 times)

Mach 3 Jog Speed veries
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:24:47 PM »
Running Mach 3 R3.042.036

Over the past few months, when manually jogging the router the movements sometimes would be very fast and sometimes very slow and sometimes correct. The problem is intermittent and rebooting might or might not help. As of this week we are getting movements while running a task that is very much faster than it is set for, I am thinking that whatever is causing the random change in jog speed could be causing this also.

I am thinking software bug as opposed to incorrect setting but I am not sure.

Any ideas?

Thank,

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Jog Speed veries
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 02:21:06 AM »
Without knowing a lot more details about your installation I would suggest re-installing Mach3. The most favoured version is R3.043.062 which can be downloaded from here; ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/
Before installing make a backup copy of your existing Mach3 folder.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:22:03 AM »
You could also try restoring from a backup from before the problem started. All it requires is the moving and renaming of a file. Cut the existing XML file from the Mach3 folder that matches the name of your current profile, i.e. Mike's mill, and put it some place else like the desktop. The go into the XMLbackup folder and pick a file from before the problems started. Rename it the same as you old XML file, cut and paste to the Mach3 folder. Open Mach3 and you are back where it used to be. If this doesn't work, a reload of Mach as Tweakie says would be next.

I do this on my mill when Mach3 gets wonky on me. Makes all the problems go away.
This is also why I am going to Mach4 since it doesn't seam to have this silly problem.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 07:10:48 PM »
Many thanks, I did not know if this kind of thing happend to just me or not. Since this has been going on for quite some time I believe I will try loading version is R3.043.062

Best regards,
Randy
Re: Mach 3 Jog Speed veries No home for Z
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:21 PM »
Loaded up another version, everything seems good except that there is no attempt tp HOME in Z
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »
Make sure that your home switch pinouts are set up properly. If there is no Z home switch, it won't try to home.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »
It worked before the update.

Is there a setting in Mach 3 I need to check?
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 10:01:52 AM »
Problem solved, after the update the Z Home pin outs were lost and needed to be reconfiged, found how to do it on YouTube.

Thanks TOTALLYRC, you put me on the right track

Randy
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 12:43:35 PM »
I am glad that it worked out.

THANK YOU for coming back and letting us know how you made out. Too many people get the answer that they need and never let us know how they made out.