Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:09:53 AM

Author Topic: Mach-3 interface questosn  (Read 11626 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach-3 interface questosn
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
Hi, Bertho

If your refereeing to the "Normal Condition" Button flashing, If everything is working normally now except for the flashing Button.

Click on it and Yes to set Normal Condition, It won't flash again unless you've changed settings after reseting it.

Hope I didn't miss the Point hear, Chip
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 07:36:33 PM »
Thanks Chip,
Hood suggested that too but I am stubborn and since I am new to Mach-3, I am really trying to
understand the guts of it.  My old engineering background motto is: “Do not fix it until
the problem is understood”.  Letting the computer do it, I will never know what was
wrong or what is waiting to pop up and bite me.

I love this program, especially with the Screen-4 so I can tweak it to fit my needs. 
After getting used to it I will see how I can tear out the existing controller for my
Universal Laser System CO2 laser and control it much better than the existing Windows driver.

At least Hodd has duplicated my failure using my configuration file so it is presumably
something I miss-configured since it is the first time setting it up.

Bertho

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »
Hi, Bertho

So whats not working at this time, The normal Condition is to be set as normal after you get everything working, Art has some key items that if you change

them it trigger abnormal condition.

I have no idea if or where theres a list on the items.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 10:58:33 PM »
Thanks for hanging in with this problem.
It works and indicates all Normal until I bring any axis to home. Clicking for example Ref "Z" on the
diagnostic screen makes the Z slowly go home, hit the home senor and slightly back up and then
automatically set the Z axis to 0.  As soon as it goes to 0, the abnormal light starts blinking.
Bertho

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 12:18:39 AM »
Hi, Bertho

Not knowing how your Magnetic sensors are wired, Thy may still be floating a low or high signal that close, Try adding a 2000 ohm resistor to there output to

Gnd. or +5 volts holding them hi or lo, Until a stronger signal pull them full on or off.

Using some Prox switches hear, There Opto Isolated and have a Pull down resistor on the switch side.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 09:39:15 AM »
Hi Chip,
I think you mixed up my question with the other users magnetic switch questions. 
I have temporarily placed regular micro switches as home sensors and I have
470 ohm pull-ups to +5Vand they appear to work just fine. 

I am in the process of adding high accuracy switches but wanted to quickly get
it up running and to understand the system.  The switches that I am working on can be seen at:
http://www.vinland.com/Opto-Interrupter.html

Thanks again,
Bertho

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »
Hi, Bertho

Yes I messed up hear, If your Debounce is at 0 set it to 2000 - 4000 may help, Config, General Config, "Debounce Interval" 2000.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 12:09:18 AM »
I tried setting the debounce as suggested but there was no change, still the blinking abnormal light :(
Bertho
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »
I'm getting exactly the same problem on a 3-axis router. Did anyone ever figure out what the cause is? I get the flashing Abnormal Condition LED and "Axis not referenced normally" message. During Ref All Axes the light starts flashing when the first axis hits its Home switch. If I Ref any single axis on the Diagnostics screen, then switch to screen 1, I get the same LED. Double clicking it and asking Mach3 to redefine the state as normal turns the flashing off only until the next time I ref any axis.

Once today, I started Mach3 and didn't get the problem. The LED flashed while referencing all axes but stopped as soon as the last one was done. I hadn't knowingly changed anything. But since then the problem has come back.

My five inputs on LPT1 are separate Home inputs per axis, a shared Limit input for the other ends of the axes, and an EStop. I am quite sure they are all working and configured correctly, and can see no error on the Homing dialog or the Diagnostics screen. Indeed, it all seems to work correctly except for the flashing LED. I note that this LED is very new - it isn't shown on most of the video tutorials and doesn't seem to be documented.
Can anyone help, please?
Chris