Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 10:38:35 PM

Author Topic: Dumb question? Auto zero X and Y axis with a zeroing jig?  (Read 2062 times)

Dumb question? Auto zero X and Y axis with a zeroing jig?
« on: December 16, 2016, 06:59:27 PM »
I currently use a touch off plate for my z axis.

How do I apply that same concept for centering my x and Y axis, can I use the same plate??

Adam,
Re: Dumb question? Auto zero X and Y axis with a zeroing jig?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »
Look on youtube for some examples. You canhave a circle as part of the plate andhave Mach probe for the center. On one video the plate has a v on the bottom that hooks on the corner f the stock and the circle is dead center of the corner.Put the plate down, probe the center of the circle and you are right at the corner of the part.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:17:21 PM »
Thanks mike, I believe I've seen that before.

Are there some setup instructions somewhere for setting up the probing of the x and y axis?

Can I run a manual test with my current setup that zeros the x axis but instead use comforter x and y?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:48:49 PM »

Can I run a manual test with my current setup that zeros the x axis but instead use comforter x and y?

That should read "...zeros the x and y axis..."
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 06:38:05 AM »
Go to the probing page and put something on the table to probe. If nothing else you can probe a 123 block or a coffee cup if you want a circular opening.
Hit the button for the proper shape and watch it work.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.