Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:24 AM

Author Topic: I screwed up!!!! I forgot to set my offsets...  (Read 2400 times)

I screwed up!!!! I forgot to set my offsets...
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:37:26 AM »
Like an idiot I forgot to save my offset in the project I started and I tripped the circuit breaker.

How can I reset my X and Y co-ordinates?

Does Mach save offset by default in a backup file??

Help please...anyone with some ideas?

Adam,

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: I screwed up!!!! I forgot to set my offsets...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »
I think the DRO's are persistant so should reload as they were. I think there is a tick box in setup for "Persistent DRO's" I that controls it, don't know if you had that on though.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 05:13:41 PM »
If the computer shut down due to the breaker tripping then afraid you have lost your offsets. Only way will be to touch off a known point on the part and then enter the values for that point into the DROs.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
I ultimately touched off and did my best to get back to an X  and Y point in my job.

I'll put to the test the Persistent DRO conceot... Maybe that will help in the future.

It would be cool if mach were smart enough to write a backup file when the end user sets a new DRO, just in case...

Thanks form your help.

Adam,

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 03:06:45 AM »
Mach does save a backup overtime it shuts down but only when its done nicely i.e. not a power fail etc, of DRO's would only be saved if persistent ;)

I guess it may be possible to create a file when you make an offset, but I just write them down for important jobs or add them to the offset table if its a repeat one.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 07:22:49 AM »
On real important jobs, set it up, shut down, save when it asks you to save and the reopen Mach and away you go.

HTH

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:35:23 AM »
Thanks guys.

I was just thinking that writing the DRO to a file upon changes would be a good idea and common sense to some extent. If the software by default doesn't do it  by  then a manual intervention will be needed.

Adam,