Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:37:53 AM

Author Topic: Windows 7 64b and uc100 Mach3 Plasma  (Read 3014 times)

Windows 7 64b and uc100 Mach3 Plasma
« on: December 08, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
Hello, I have a 3 axis system with 4 drive motors. X, Y, Z, and A slaved to the Y. I have it set up in Mach3.  A is slaved to Y. Restarted Mach afterwords. I have had this setup operating on another computer until the computer quit working. I have another desktop hooked up now and just running on demo until I can get it working properly, then I will transfer the licence over.
 I can get the x, z, to operate in both direction the Y will move both directions but I get no movement out of the Slaved "A" motor.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank
Re: Windows 7 64b and uc100 Mach3 Plasma
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 02:36:32 PM »
Have you setup the ports and pins and slaved the axis in the configuration screen
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »
Yes I have. I had this system up and running on another computer with XP. I was wondering if the uc100 might do things different. Directions are kinda vague.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
Have you setup the ports and pins and slaved the axis in the configuration screen
Thank you for the reply
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »
anyone???
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:32:06 PM »
If you've slaved it, it should work fine.

Questions...
Have you got the latest plugin, check on the manufacturers website. Cncdrive

Post your profile and someone will have a look at it

You can ask the question on the cncdrive forum website, Balazs is very proactive on there and he knows his product well.
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 04:40:13 PM »
If you've slaved it, it should work fine.

Questions...
Have you got the latest plugin, check on the manufacturers website. Cncdrive

Post your profile and someone will have a look at it

You can ask the question on the cncdrive forum website, Balazs is very proactive on there and he knows his product well.
I have it slaved with the Y axis In Mach but it does not work. Just cant figure out why
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:09:42 AM »
sorry, not had access to a proper keyboard...

First question, have you got a genuine UC100?  There are a few ebay fakes about of chinese origin.  Does it have a serial number on it and look exactly like the one in the pictures in the manual below?
http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC100%20datasheet/UC100%20users%20guide.pdf

The manual clearly lists slave axis as a mach3 function (so it will do it).

As listed above, please could you post your mach3 profile (*.XML) file so we can have a look at it?

The latest drivers and Mach3 plugin are listd here:
http://cncdrive.com/UC100.html

You can post a question on the manufacturers forum here:
http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/
They are normally fairly quick to respond.  If a fix is required, it will be done very fastg (although I seriously doubt that there is a problem with the mach3 driver for the uc100??)
..... but really.... you're going to need to post your xml file as it is sooo much easier to just load it and check the settings and advise if there is something amiss.
Rob