Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:48:06 AM

Author Topic: Transfer Licence to a new computer  (Read 8327 times)

Transfer Licence to a new computer
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »
So, I have been struggling with getting my Machine configured to a new computer. I figured out that most of the problem was the computer I was trying to use had a motherboard isue I guess. So that particular Dell POS is going to meet with a pound of Tannerite!! Anyway, I have another pc that I am in the process of setting up and is running in Demo mode right now. My question is, How do I transfer Mach3 from one pc to the other and how do I transfer the licence?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Licence to a new computer
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »
Download Mach3 from the NFS Artsoft website http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/ and install on your new computer (The preferred version is R3.043.062 which can be obtained from the Mach3 folder in the ftp downloads area).

From the Mach3 folder of your old computer...
Copy the <your profile>.xml file (which contains all your Mach3 settings).
Copy the Mach1Lic.dat file (which is your license).
Copy both these files into the Mach3 folder of your new computer.

If you have any special Screens, Macro's or Brains then copy these from your old computer to the appropriate folder on your new computer.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »
Thank you Tweakie for all of the help. I will try this when I get home tonight
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »
what I have found works great is to copy the C:/mach3 folder from the old computer onto a mem stick.
download and install mach3 on the new computer.  Replace the mach3 folder with the old computer mach3 folder.

Make sure to install any external motion controller drivers.

now the new computer has the exact same setup as the old computer.  License, XML, plug ins and screen sets.