Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:15:11 AM

Author Topic: New guy needing some help.  (Read 1665 times)

New guy needing some help.
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »
hey every one and I hope that this is the right spot to ask for help in the forums.

New to cnc and mach, I got a green bull cnc from build your cnc and got it all put together. Seams to work ok and everything responds well. Put in the motor information into the system, the info was provided to me by the company and when I do a cal under settings it moves close to what I input.

The issue I am having though is when I run the wizard and do something simple like a circle pocket in a test peace of pine wood It spirals away from center.

I programed the wizard with a .25 endmil on a 2 inch hole, pass over is 25% and .25 depth per pass. The G code looks fine and the tool path displays fine on mach but I get what you see in the picture.

I noticed that the circles are all level on the bottom and it’s more like an oval and such as it spirals away from center. Has anyone come across this? I have double checked the numbers sent to me by the company and even if I was off a little on my numbers it shouldn’t be doing that.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Re: New guy needing some help.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 01:45:47 PM »
Hi,
can you post the Gcode that you used?

Also have a look on the Config/General Config page and near the centre there two are settings:

Distance Mode should,or at least most commonly be 'Absolute' and
IJ Mode should , or again most commonly be 'Inc'.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: New guy needing some help.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:48:28 PM »
Hi,
can you post the Gcode that you used?

Also have a look on the Config/General Config page and near the centre there two are settings:

Distance Mode should,or at least most commonly be 'Absolute' and
IJ Mode should , or again most commonly be 'Inc'.

Craig

When I get in the shop again ill pull the gcode and post. I will double check the settings too.