Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:57:42 AM

Author Topic: 4th axis question  (Read 2266 times)

4th axis question
« on: December 05, 2016, 05:23:44 PM »
Hi

I am buying a rotary for my mach 3 controlled Heiz cnc machine and would like to know if it will also work on a laser cutter.

Laser cutter has Leeto controller and supports 4th axis

Rotary seller from ebay tells me rotary will not work on laser machine and to be honest I don't understand why as the stepper motor seems identical to the cnc machine's, I thought it would be just a question of getting the right plugs and setting the parameters straight.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible or not, I'd much rather have one rotary for both machines than having to buy one for each machine

Rotary is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/262236195547 sorry if linking not allowed.

Thank you.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: 4th axis question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »
It should be able to index, but, maybe  the rotary vendor may be thinking in terms of it spinning continuously and that is a different story. Don't know anything about the Leeto controller.

Tweakie does laser stuff and may chime in and help you more.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
Thank you Rich

yes, i thought it might be something like that, I have the idea it must work and I' guessing it'll spin as much on the laser machine as in the CNC.

Tweakie, can you please shed some light on this ?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 01:57:30 AM »
Assuming your laser has a 4 axis Leetro controller then you just need to add a single axis bipolar driver (and perhaps suitable PSU to cater for the extra 3.5 amps) to connect your new rotary axis. You also need to check that your laser software supports using a rotary axis.

Tweakie.
PEACE