Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Luddite needs some really basic macro-training (XHC HB04 Pendant)  (Read 5218 times)

I have one the above mentioned (wired, USB) pendants and I got it working fine.  I'd like to use a few of its available "Macro" buttons to perform simple mouse-click functions in the "stock" Mach Turn screens.

This is a trivial task for most of you experienced computer wizards out there but I'm still in a fog after reading various posts on the subject, the Mach manual and the pendant's instruction manual.  Can someone please post a really simple explanation on how to do this from step one & don't assume that I know anything. :-[  I used to maneuver my way around DOS in the old days & I get by OK in Windows most times but there's some simple concept that keeps zinging right past me.  They say If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.  Just assume I'm a six year old. ;D
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.
Re: Luddite needs some really basic macro-training (XHC HB04 Pendant)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 05:04:46 PM »
I forgot to post a pic of the XHC plugin config screen.  Simple, right?  I'm just too dense to "get" it.  I guess it's some thing to do with the after-effects from my stroke a year go. (That's what I'm using for an excuse these days anyway. ;D )

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »
Can you post the pendant's instruction manual?

RICH
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 12:00:55 PM »
Not sure the forum can handle files of this size. ::)

Thanks for looking!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:44:23 AM »
assume I'm a six year old

You have a horn button in your car and when you press it the horn beeps.
The reason it beeps is because when the button is pressed there is "some magic" done to make the horn beep.

Mach has lots of buttons available and when you press one "some magic" is done to tell the software to do something.When you are typing you hit a button or key on the keyboard and magically the letter or number you pressed appears on the screen.  
Just as a keyboard has a letter or number assigned to a key, each button in Mach has a code number assigned to it. In Mach Turn there is a button called
Zero World X and the code button code is 34. There is "some magic" associated with that button, namely when pressed, it executes some special instructions
( via VB code / scripting ) to the software to do something, namely;
- SetMachZero (0)
- call SetDro (0,0)

Study much my little Grasshopper and in time you will understand more. :D
You can create a macro, which is a collection of a bunch of scripting in one file and it could be called m1050.m1s.
So you could create a macro for the button 34 scripting.
You could also assign a HotKey in Mach such that when you prss a key on the keyboard it will be the same as clicking the button on the screen.
But one would need to read the Macro Programmers Refernce Manual and Using Mach3 Turn Manual along with learning scripting and to add change the screen learn to use one of the screen editors.Just thought I would mention the above and as the years go by you can learn all about what was said. Go now Grasshopper and find deeper meaning in what was said.  ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just too dense to "get" it.

Not really as the instructions are lacking not very good.
Seems like you can create / assign a button and it's associated macro in Mach.
then define that in the XHC.
OR
Can just use one of Mach's OEM codes, scripting may be internal to Mach.
OR
Create scripting using M200 to M215 to turn a relay condition of on / off via
a output from a pin in Mach configuration.
but don't know what breakout board they are talking about or if it even applies.    
But not sure about the key part, or if your limited to just two button codes,
etc. etc, and would need to play with an XHC. I don't have one.
Maybe if we saw all the configuration screens and what options in the pulldowns are available as that may shed some light on use.
Any of my logic on use of the XHC is probably not correct.

Have fun playing with it,

RICH  

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:50:13 AM by RICH »
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 09:49:34 AM »
Ahh so; your knowledge & wisdom is most helpful & appreciated Master Po:

“I can show you the path but I can not walk it for you.”