Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:51:01 AM

Author Topic: Program stopped when encountering '#' statement  (Read 5634 times)

Re: Program stopped when encountering '#' statement
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:34:35 PM »
Hi Kyle,
I only put the G4 P<whatever> just so I had a chance to see the numbers change in the variable monitor.

May I suggest opening the monitor and updating it to observe #500 and try some MDI lines to see if
it behaves; for instance

#500=10 ;check the assignment
#500=[#500+100] ;check the arithmetic function
G1 X#500 F300 ;your machine should drive to X=110mm

Might also try
#2002=50
#500=#2002 ; checks assignment between variables

If all of these check out then I would say Mach3 is doing what it should and it that
case Autoleveller is producing some bad code.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »
Make sure you use either a carriage return(enter key) or a % symbol as the last line. If you didn't use the M30 then the line you are looking for was not read by Mach. The last mine is never read which is why you need to use the % as Mach just ignores it.

HTH

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 03:01:42 AM »
Hi Craig and Mike,

I went ahead and set a deeper cut for the tracers to get the board done so that I can carry on my project. I'll get back to sorting out the issue once I solder the components on and hook it up with the main board.

It turned out rather nice:

After cleaning up:

Once I did the tests, I'll report back.

Thank you for you kind assistance.

Kyle
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 06:07:15 AM »
Not bad at all.
PCB milling is on my list of things to do for this winter. Hopefully the winter is long enough for my to get everything done that I want to.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 06:41:12 AM »
I procastined for a long few years before finally doing it. But I know nuts about pcb. My friend supplied me with the board design and schematic. I just run pcb-gcode to get the NC files, solder on whatever he tells me to, and mount it in the case. Lol...