Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:43:02 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 with ESS - Homing Offset Script UPDATED not working  (Read 4465 times)

Mach4 with ESS - Homing Offset Script UPDATED not working
« on: November 27, 2016, 11:28:20 AM »
I have the newest plugin and ESS and the limit switches are now working well as sell as Estop and motors.
However the ref all button moves the first axis and hits the switch fine but backs off and cut continues to move away never stopping.  This happens with any axis
I have used DaztheGas' workaround with scripts changed as recommended as well as the updated version.  ESS was supposed to correct the problem
with a new plugin but apparently the Home offset feature in Mach4 is still not working for me.  Using the C62 BOB.

THanks
Keith
Re: Mach4 with ESS - Homing Offset Script UPDATED not working
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 11:34:53 AM »
Also noticing with DaztheGas code, the y axis is offsetting whenever X or Z axis is moved but not when Y is moved.
Getting closer...

Thanks
Keith

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:01:44 PM »
I hav`nt tried this script with the latest ESS plugin, it was for the old 186 version so no guarantees it will still be working.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:56:50 PM »
Actually if you would like to export your profile from mach4 and post i can take a look, its prob just a simple setting somewhere.

DazTheGas
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 03:32:43 PM »
Daz, I got the Y axis problem fixed as I had it in ports and pins twice so changed it to Z as is should be.  However, it still will not home properly.  It moves nicely into the limit switch and lights up the switch in diagnostics then reverses and continues without stopping.  Here is the profile packed up and attached.   Will that work?

THanks!
Keith
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 04:24:20 PM »
Oops the Y axis is offsetting again each time an X or Z move is completed.  Something funny in PLC I suspect.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
Actually if you would like to export your profile from mach4 and post i can take a look, its prob just a simple setting somewhere.

DazTheGas

Thanks! uploaded in earlier post.  Appreciate the help so much!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
Noticing that the output led on the screen do not turn green so apparently I have not been able to create an output for homed on each axis.  I bet that is the problem but can't figure out how to fix it.
Keith

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »
The first thing you need to do at this stage is update to a newer screen, at present you are using the old wxMach screen.

Load up mach4 and click on view in the menubar, from there load a new screen and select wx4 - dont worry this will not change anything in your config but will give you a better starting point.

As a quick look in the ESS config I would remove the index pins from both Inputs tab and Homing.

As a quick look in the Mach config your homing is setup to home in the order of Y X then Z?? is this correct for you machine as Z normally wants to go safe before any other movement, personally mine is set for Z then both X and Y together.

Hope this get you on track

DazTheGas
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 05:39:43 PM »

As a quick look in the Mach config your homing is setup to home in the order of Y X then Z?? is this correct for you machine as Z normally wants to go safe before any other movement, personally mine is set for Z then both X and Y together.

DazTheGas

I will give it a try!  Thanks.

I need to move Y first then X then last Z to get the grinding wheel and probe (horizontal) far away from the part so that is correct for my machine.

Keith