Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and ESS issues on new laptop  (Read 5988 times)

Re: Mach3 and ESS issues on new laptop
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »
Short answer .... I don't know

Longer answer (guess) .... what version of windows are you running?   Are you running the Mach3.exe under administrator rights .... given you are modifying setup files windows may be blocking you as it thinks you haven't got the user rights....

go to the mach3 folder
C:\mach3\

list all files by details.

sort files by type

go to the exe files and select each one with one left mouse button click and then one right button click..... there should be (depending upon widows version) an option of "run program as administrator" or something to that effect... click and run the program.... the will mostly fail to run...... not a problem all you are trying to do is tell windows that you are giving the program run as administrator rights.

When complete, shut any running exes and then run mach3 .... try to save your settings

it may work  (I've had it with other program).
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Bits are highlighted in yellow here explaining the same thing.

http://warp9td.com/index.php/sw
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »
a bit more info

I have a denford triac and denford microrouter side by side. both have separate ess in, I run them both from the same laptop (not together)

the microrouter I don't have any issues with, works just fine. all these issues are just with my triac
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 09:54:12 AM »
adminstrator rights should not be a problem.

Presume you have setup two profiles, one for each machine?

If you have done this you should have two profile *.XML files within your mach3 folder, and each of which should relate to the correct profile....

You should then be able to edit (and save) them.

How have you setup your machines?  (profile wise)
Rob