Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:02:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach3Turn ToolPath glitch in latest version 3.043.066  (Read 2153 times)

Offline DaBase

•  36 36
  • Metalhead
    • View Profile
Mach3Turn ToolPath glitch in latest version 3.043.066
« on: November 25, 2016, 07:59:36 AM »
Hello CNC lovers and users! ;D

I believe a lot of you are using Mach3Turn and having problems with the ToolPath part.

Right now I am having a problem with G02 and G03 mismatch in ToolPath plus totally unacceptable visualization of code.

Is there really no option to implant ToolPath from older Mach3 version (for example, 2.63) where it works perfectly? For example, by copying some dll's, exe's or whatever?

I wouldn't like to use older versions daily because it seems a lot of bugs are fixed in the latest available 3.043.066 after reading the changelog.

I am adding a comparision between what I see in the latest version and what I see in the older one Mach3 2.63!

Thank you for reading and have a nice day!  :)

We <3 to Code();

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3Turn ToolPath glitch in latest version 3.043.066
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
Just my opinion...

Obviously Brian could set the records straight but it is my understanding that with version .066 no additional features were added and the changes that were made related to a particular motion controller (but if you have read the change log and disagree with me then that's fine).
Popular opinion, from those that use Mach3, suggest that version .062 is the best option to be using.

Tweakie.

(please bear in mind that is is highly unlikely that any future revisions will be made to Mach3 – the product ‘is what it is’ and it is suggested that users, in their own time, move on to Mach4).
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3Turn ToolPath glitch in latest version 3.043.066
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
I would suggest also that you use version .062 of Mach 3.

I will assume that you are using one of the wizards to generate the code.
You used two different configurations in generating the code (ie; one is radius and the other is diameter mode).
Two configurations can have an affect on the generated gcode, namely X Mode and if reversed Arc's in front post is checked.
Go to Ports & Pins> Turn Options to change.
Have a look at the Arc Motion write up in Members Doc's, see page 9, for info about reversed acr's in front tool post.
Also the motion mode  settings in  general logic configuration  will have an affect on the gcode generated.

RICH

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 08:53:10 AM by RICH »