Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:10:28 AM

Author Topic: Another Feed rate velocity issue  (Read 1702 times)

Another Feed rate velocity issue
« on: November 23, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »
Hi All,
After spending days looking through the forum I have finally joined to ask for help.
Normally you can find the answers with a decent hunt but this eludes me probably through terminology.
I have purchased a router from china, everything is running as intended at this stage other than feed rates.
I did use the USB that came with the machine and copied those files over my original install

In motor tuning velocity is set to 10002 for X & Y
Maximum speed i get is 2500 on GO
when i run code G1 Y1000 F2500 gets a feed rate of approx 1000
G1 X1000 F2500 gets around 600
This is replicated if entered in the MDI
If I go G1 Y25 F25 it takes about 60 seconds

If anyone could highlight where to look for the issue or some troubleshooting techniques it would be appreciated.
Hopefully I can start contributing as much as the rest of the folks around here now  :)
Many Thanks
Re: Another Feed rate velocity issue
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:59 AM »
Hi D,
Max velocity may be 10k in the tuning but it may not be attainable based on your hardware.
Assuming metric units, what are the steps per MM, what USB board are you using and what is its' max stepping rate?

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
Re: Another Feed rate velocity issue
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:30:00 AM »
Hi mike,
Thanks for the response.
All metric here :)
Sets per mm 480.347716
USB board is a WXHC MKX-IV
No idea what it's max stepping rate is?

I have got the speeds resembling closer to what they should, factory had the kernel speed set at 100khz
Reducing it to 25000hz makes it somewhat resemble my other machines.
I still have the minor issue of it not taking a minute to travel 25mm when the feed rate is 25
It takes around 50secs no matter what I do.

Cheers