Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:00:40 PM

Author Topic: Arnie's CNC router build (just getting started)  (Read 12895 times)

Re: Arnie's CNC router build (just getting started)
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:10 AM »
Phil,

I was in autobody for ~13 years doing crazy collision work that others didn't do.  Now in the granite countertop business.  Get to use my creativity much more in machine related area.

Here is one of machines:
http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27147
all the pics http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm75/denniscnc/

Dennis

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
Rich,

I have been making a few Yard Elfs for my wife.    They are pretty simple mdf cutouts with accent lines that she is painting for Christmas decorations at her work place (the bank). 
She is really enjoying the fruits of my efforts,  she is just mesmerized watching the machine just cutting away.   
Now she wants to learn how to run everything, starting from the clip art to the finished pieces.

Arnie
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
Boy ! Way to go Arnie I am almost ready to show mine something she might like soon thanks to your help getting my machine to even move for me. This is a great Guy on this forum don't anybody TEE him off please. I want him around for a long time.
 I will be visiting the forum more often soon as I will need help using the programs I have. I bought Mach3 and ViaCad but I have not tried them too much because all my time was to get the machine wired correctly. Thanks to Artie. See you guys and gals soon with stupid questions Later Phil :)
I'm not too old to learn, am I?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 06:04:50 PM »
Arnie,
Sounds like you may be able to add some additional bonding there with the better half.
So teach her well. ???
Just watch out if she starts making too many Elfes. >:D Can't trust those little guys, heck, before you know it
they'll just be standing there taking up the best spots in the shop.  ;)
RICH