Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:13:33 PM

Author Topic: Chinese CNC Mach3 Piracy  (Read 2193 times)

Chinese CNC Mach3 Piracy
« on: November 18, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and to CNC (hobbyist). I'm seriously considering buying one of the Chinese 6040 CNC machines on eBay. As I'm doing my research I was watching a YouTube video that says the manual shows how to pirate the Mach3 software. Is this normally the case for these machines?

I'm not into pirated software (nor music). Are there any suppliers of 6040 series machines out there that sell legitimate, licensed versions of Mach3 with their machines? Or is it time to man-up and add $175 to my purchase cost?

Thanks.

rd

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese CNC Mach3 Piracy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 01:57:53 AM »
It appears that most (if not all) of the suppliers of the cheap (typically 6040 type) machines and / or controller boards are shipping them with instructions or set-up software designed to install a Pirate Mach3 License.
I have not discovered any of the cheap machine / controller suppliers that include a legitimate license.
My best advice (bearing in mind that the cheap machines / controllers do not always work as well as they are described by their suppliers) is to purchase the machine of your choice then, if you are satisfied with the Mach3 software, purchase a genuine license.

Tweakie.
PEACE