Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:43:51 AM

Author Topic: Only one direction pin! Please help.  (Read 3127 times)

Only one direction pin! Please help.
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:24:01 AM »
Hi,

First excuse my English.
I'm using retrofit kit from Wabeco and I don't like DOS software that was shipped with retrofit kit. I tried to setup mach3 working but had a little success.
I think problem is that stepper control board is only using one direction pin. When I try to move X and Y axis at same time where X and Y  axis have different direction pulses  then steppers loose many steps. It works fine if both axis have same direction output.

my configuration:
X dir pin: 1
X step pin: 14

Y dir pin: 1
Y step pin: 16

Z dir pin: 1
Z step pin: 17

Is there any solution for such problem or do I have to buy new stepper controler board that have seperate dir/step pins for each axis.

Please help
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:27:44 AM by jolbe »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Only one direction pin! Please help.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:16:34 PM »
Jolbe,
    You are gong to need seprate pins for each axis direction pin.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Only one direction pin! Please help.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:25:05 PM »
Hi Jolbe,
You have to separate dir pins, not just step pins. And one suggestion, you should use pins 2-9 for step/dir control, because this pins can sink and source much more current (10 times) than pins 1, 14, 16 & 17. In many cases these pins can not supply enough current for activating optocouplers at the input circuit of controllers and you may have just one direction, or losing steps. If you have opto's at the input of driver, they need approx. 10mA, witch is too much for LPT pin 1.
Cheers