Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:35:34 AM

Author Topic: Mach & Multi Tool Head  (Read 3107 times)

Mach & Multi Tool Head
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:30:49 AM »
Hi,
I have to retrofit some old Biese Rover 7 which has boring head with 7 tool holders. These holders are mounted on the head and are pulled down/up by pneumatics via 7 control signals. I was wondering What is the best option for control this function by Mach3. Is there possibility to define tool change macro so it can output BCD Code to Outputs #4-6. Then I could build BCD to 7 segment decoder and so on, control 7 tools.
The second question is for feed override button. I have reed that there is possibility of connecting encoder directly to LPT port, and enabling this function?

Cheers
Re: Mach & Multi Tool Head
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »
The best way to do the FRO in your case is to use a ModIO . this will also giveyou the IO that you need for this project :)

Yes you can write a macro in the M6 to change tools and set the offsets... there are a few guys that will write the code for you for a $$$  and if they can't do it I can have a look at it... OR you can post here and we will teach you a bit of VB (not much fun but gives you the power ;) )

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Mach & Multi Tool Head
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 05:49:53 PM »
Thanks Brian.
 I would like to play a little bit with VB, as i am closed to C++ and assembler, so i think that it wouldn't be a problem. ModIO is my definite choice, but i have to do in next few days, and w/o it this time.
Cheers