Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:27:34 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Turn 4.2.0.3196 Toolpath Display looks nothing like the part  (Read 2113 times)

I am cutting a part that I have made a bunch of times with Mach3.

Using Mach4, the part cuts correctly, but the Toolpath Display in Mach4 doesn't look like what the tool is actually doing.

See the attached files for the toolpath display, and the actual profile of the turned part.

EDIT: Now that I posted the question, I see what is going on. I was viewing the bottom red line on the toolpath display as the part centerline; it is actually the top red line that is the centerline.

But, another question-I don't see how to make Mach4 "color in" the toolpath drawing as it does the motions, like Mach3 did. Is this feature there, and I just haven't found it?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:25:35 PM by awander »
Re: Mach4 Turn 4.2.0.3196 Toolpath Display looks nothing like the part
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:34:44 AM »
I tried changing colors in the toolpath, to make the axis and the rapids look different.

Axis was already set to Yellow, but as you can see in the screen capture in the original message, it is displaying in Red. Changing axis color is config/mach/toolpath does nothing.
Re: Mach4 Turn 4.2.0.3196 Toolpath Display looks nothing like the part
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:28:02 PM »
and today, cutting more of the same part, the red axis centerline is not there at all!