Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:30:46 PM

Author Topic: LCam Pro ver 2.05  (Read 9456 times)

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
Re: LCam Pro ver 2.05
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2007, 07:36:56 PM »
Hi TP,

Tell me about it... I'm trying to maintain tool tables for: Mach2, Mach3, DeskCNC, MeshCAM2, CutViewer Mill, CutViewer Turn and now LazyCam2!  ???

Maybe someday the industry will standardize a tool table data file format? A utility app similar to what Accutrans3D does for graphic file translation would be handy.

On a related note... is there any standard protocol for tool numbering related to tool type? Such as 001-100 for drills, 101-200 for endmills, etc.

Paul, Central OR
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:42:27 AM by PaulWC »

vmax549

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 12:44:27 AM »
Paul I was hoping Brian and ART would set the" standard" on tool tables and make them talk to each other but that is the way it always seems to go.

I have seen attempts at tool numbering systems but it always seems to end up confusing at best to anyone other than the creator (;-)

I did see one setup that was neat, you set up the attribute table in the cad program for each layer that contained the tool # info for that layer and the cam system picked it up and translated it into the Gcode.

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 12:50:25 AM »
Brian I got the display window problem worked out, or rather my daughter did. I was fight and fussing with it and she walks over looks at the window, pushes it up till it flipped over and then stretched it out full length. KIDS, hum(;-)

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 10:57:58 AM »
Hi Art & Brian,

Finally got back to LCam and actually posted G-code. Drill cycles seem to be OK, other than the second drill (1/16" Drill) not being called out.

The offsets seem to have gone completely Krazee!?!

Done with today's download of LazyCam 2.05.

.LCam Project and .nc G-code files attached.

Thanks, Paul, Central OR
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:26:39 AM by PaulWC »
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »
Sorry I have not been on the forum I have been reading but I have been working on a project in the shop... I have a table that is running at 1400IPM and was having a good time testing code :)

I will hit the thing that I have seen in this forum from my last post:
Offset trouble .... I have no idea what the @$#@ is going on there.... We will do some testing and see what we can find..

Tool description editing, It is on the list and we will see if it can be added.

Open Chain offset has not been looked at and we will have to have a look at it..

Circle not selecting.. this is odd... I had fixed that problem but Art may have the old code for it OR I have to fix the code again (It happens from time to time with Art and I both working on the code)

No new on the importer update :( They are VERY slow to give us code and this is the pace that most people code at (We are running at the speed of light for software! This is why Doc's are SO hard to do!)

Terry, Kids are so good at stuff like that because they will click on anything :) I am like that and I can tell you that it has been good and bad (Cost me one Mobo)

Okay guys, I am off to start working on the problems that you are having and I am about to start on the drawing tools :)

Later Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com