Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:43:42 AM

Author Topic: Advanced research.... ;)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Advanced research.... ;)
« on: October 18, 2016, 10:19:28 AM »
Just looking ahead at present....

I see i can read the spindle angle on the CSMIO-ENC module with GetInput(84) which returns a value of 0-3600 (angle x 10)

Is there a way, using this info, to get the spindle to park in one position every time?

Easy with a servo as the controller has a "Park angle" built in but I only have a lowly VFD to play with :)

Just playing;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Advanced research.... ;)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
Did a few tests a while back by using that DRO with the servo rotating slowly, can't recall the details such as RPM etc but it wasn't massively succesful. Think it may have been about +/- 5 degrees or something.
If I remember, and have time, tomorrow I will see if I can find the macro and give it another test.

Can't get the stop angle to work on the Chiron via the plugin for some reason, may have something to do with the encoder output from the drive, meant to scope and see but never got round to it as I don't need it due to the Chiron requiring that the spindle is rotating at about 200rpm for changing tools.

I did use it on the wee lathe though, seemed to work well, had it stopping the chuck so the key hole was in the correct position, that was with an IP-S though.

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:20:52 AM »
Ok, thanks Hood, don't go to any bother, just research really.

Dave

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 02:50:23 AM »
Just wondering how I actually did this now, if I used a macro or the macropump then that was probably daft, a Brain should be quicker, will have to look and see and if not try with a Brain instead.

Hood