Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:30 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 incorrectly interpreting gcode  (Read 2183 times)

Mach3 incorrectly interpreting gcode
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:03 AM »
Hello everyone!

Got a question on generating Gcode from Cambam and sending it over to Mach3. I have two mills and they each have two different versions of Mach3. On my first mill I try and cut a circle with no problems. This has an older version of Mach3 (R3.042.040) but on the second mill I try the same thing and my circles come out as rounded triangles. The second mill has a newer version of mach3 (R3.043.066). The problem is not with the mill because I can use wizards from Mach3 and cut perfect circles with it, it just has a problem interpreting the gcode. I have ran my gcode in cutviewer and it comes out perfectly as well so it is definitely an issue with the newer version of mach3 that I have.
I have 5 attachements:

1) My Gcode
2) A picture of my cutviewer final product so you guys can see what it should look like.
3) a picture of the actual cut (I interupted it when i noticed the cut wasn't correct. You can see the perfect circle in the center that was cut using a mach3 wizard and then when i try the outside circle with cambam gcode there is a problem)
4) The toolpath on the older version (which is correct)
5) The toolpath on the new version (which is incorrect)

Any info helps!

Thanks,

Logan
Re: Mach3 incorrectly interpreting gcode
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:57:12 AM »
i have attached the last attachement

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
I think you need to go into Config. / General Config. and change the IJ Mode.

If you then Regen. Toolpath the display will be correct and the code should run just fine.

Ideally your Gcode should contain the G90.1 or G91.1 (as appropriate) and this is perhaps a failing of your CamBam post processor.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
Tweakie,

Awesome, that worked. Thank you very much!

Logan