Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:14:16 AM

Author Topic: I just need a little bit of help  (Read 3343 times)

I just need a little bit of help
« on: June 01, 2007, 01:57:31 AM »
Hi All,

Well after a number of months I finally got my CNC router up and running only to find she wasn't running as smooth as it could be.  I contacted Art and after a couple of emails He sorted out the problems for me and now she smooth as a nut.

I can only give him  praise after praise and words don't describe the tremendous and very quick way that he  kept on coming back to me with spot on advice.  I'll recommend him and his team to any person wanting to get this style of software.  Thanks Art.

Now I have only one little discrepancy left to fix.  When I load my G code to start the carve I find that my carriage moves a fair way before it begins to cut.  Is there a way to accurately position the bit in the router so that I know exactly where the cut is going.  At the moment I stop and see how far it travels before beginning and then set the appropriate figures for the X and Y axis.  A bit primitive and not too accurate.  For example, if I zero both X and Y axis, The router will travel a distance before lowering to cut and if I zero on that position, and restart, she travels again.

Being extremely new at this sort of thing I hope someone will be able to give me a clue as to where to go.  I don't think it is proper for me to bother Art and his team for every little thing.

Thanking you all in advance,

Roly

Hood

Re: I just need a little bit of help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:28:31 AM »
Once you have Referenced (homed) your table you can load your code and then switch to table view by toggling the Display button. If you have softlimits set then you will see a representation of your part and its exact position on the table. Jog to where you think the toolpath will be centred on the table then zero the X and Y and regenerate the toolpath and see if it now looks correct.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:36:28 AM »
Heres a couple of screenshots showing what I mean, you will see in the first one that the part is off the table at the lower left, in the second I have jogged a bit on the X and Y then zeroed at that position and regenerated the toolpath.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:08:59 AM by Hood »
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 02:49:08 AM »
Thank you very much for such a rapid reply.  I am going to try it right now and will let you know how it goes.

Roly
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »
Thanks Hood, taht did the trick.  I am off an running now.

Roly