Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:52:15 AM

Author Topic: point me in the right direction?...  (Read 6892 times)

Re: point me in the right direction?...
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 10:35:20 AM »
Thanks for the advice Hood, I'll check out the videos and see if I can find something that helps.  Is there a good place online that I can find an E-stop and other related switches?  If I order the E-stop, I may as well get the other switches and things that I want, and install them all at once.  I'd like for the home positions to be in the middle of the X/Y axis, and have the Z home on an adjustable track of some sort.  How about where to find an MPG wheel?  Lots and lots more reading and searching to do...

-WRM

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
go on ebay & search for item #330114559353. that is a e stop switch. go to the home page &on the left you will see different catagories ther is a catagorey for e stop & limit switches. i have made several buys from him  & he is always right on with good items , combined shipping & supper fast shipping. good luck greg ;D

Hood

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 02:32:11 PM »
Any electrical/electronics supplier should be able to supply E-Stops, limits etc. I live in the UK and am not sure where you are so cant really recommemnd suppliers. As greg has said, eBay is an excellent place to get bits and pieces and bargains can be got quite easily. For an MPG I got mine when there was a bulk buy on the Mach Yahoo group a few years ago but I know Ron Rogers sells them http://www.rogersmachine.net/MPG/heatsink.html and also I am sure ther is a guy making them up, have a look here http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0
 Regarding the limits, iIf you need more inputs its a simple and relatively cheap thing to put in a PCI parallel port card, ebay can also be a good source for them, in the UK I would expect to pay only £1 or £2 for a new one on eBay.
Hood