Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:24:34 AM

Author Topic: shuttle pro g100 latency???  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
shuttle pro g100 latency???
« on: May 31, 2007, 12:48:37 PM »
The suttle pro plug in when coupled with the g100 will not allow single step or incremental jog on the button selection. Not sure why. I am able to toggle through the x,y,z no problem. The outer wheel works. The inner wheel will jump forward in increments. Seems to be velocity dependant. I can slowly turn the knob and nothing happens. Turn it a little faster and the axis will jump forward say 10 steps then stop. If I keep turning it nothing happens, then it jumps forward another 10 steps. The jog keys on the keyboard are instant and work great. Would like to get the shuttle pro to single step and incremental jog. The shuttle pro will make a really nice pendant if it will just do these things. ;D. Is there anything I can do about this or is this a wait until the mpg, probing, and spindle sensing/threading problem is fixed thing?

Monty
Re: shuttle pro g100 latency???
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:42:11 AM »
Hello,  I wish I could help you with your problem...but maybe you can help me with mine...I just purchased the shuttle pro yesterday...and I can get all the functions to work
exect for the Select X,Select Y, Select Z and the inner and outer knobs to job....So it looks like the plugin is working and enabled do I have to set anything else in the software to make it work.....I keep getting an error in the status "Unknown word where unary operation could be"

any input would be great

cncguytoronto
shane

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »
CNC guy,

Not sure what is causing your problem. Some of the old posts on the Shuttle pro that I looked at mentioned that they had problems that were cured when they re-installed the plug in.

I have had problems getting certain functions to work with the G100. I can select X,Y,Z just fine, and I have a button for home X,Y,Z seperately as well.

Try removing and reinstalling the plug in.

Are you running the G100 or a breakout board?

Monty
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 10:08:10 PM »
sorry monty but I am still very young at this....what is g100 or a break out board?

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 11:52:57 PM »
Both the G100 and the breakout board are devices that allow your computer to talk to the motor drives and the rest of the machine.

The G100 uses ethernet or USB and is made by gecko drive.

Lots of people make breakout boards that use the printer port.

Monty