Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:08:31 AM

Author Topic: Any help / suggestions please?  (Read 7296 times)

Re: Any help / suggestions please?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
... yellow 16th... now consultant on the dark side... mechanical ... I could tell you some funny house bashing tales... of moving meter boxes as foreigners using an electric drill on a bit of bell wire wrapped round the tails.. when there was a knock at the door.... "come to read the meter mate." .... "oh F!".... "hmmm... ill come back later mate should I?" .... "yeah nice on mate..."...

Not me you'll understand....

Them that can do... them that can't ... consult...
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »

PS if your machine is in a garage/workshop consider putting in a good copper earth rod at least 6 foot long for the main PE that will calm it down that's what I have done even that we have a PME system

:) :) It's a fascinating subject for sure.

I am in a garage and was advised not to run an earth rod when i fitted the plasma table. We are PME and was advised it would not be good as the earth was exported from the house supply then it got technical :)

It all seems to work ok so i have not questioned it ;)

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 03:17:35 PM »
Dave
As my play pen is remote from the house there was a chance that the Earth at the end would float up in respect to the actual earth it's self so I bunged in a rod now I am confident that I have a true Earth in the play pen as well as the Earth rod fo the house.

Dave not done much house bashing I was more to heavy power and high voltage , as I was a SAP and did live line working and underground live jointing it's a different world , we were the supply authority for a village owned by the firm I served my time at I have seen most of the meter work but best not tell how here  :)

Earth testing is a major field in its self not a simple matter well that's what my paper was about the other was lightning

I have polluted this thread to much so I will now go quiet

Stuart
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 11:26:03 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. I have used a dedicated 5v power supply BUT I have returned all earths to a din rail switching mode. Why is putting all grounds together an issue? Pardon my ignorance.
I have no ground loops that I can detect and I have tested everywhere I can think of.
Thanks.

I can't detect either