Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 04:51:02 AM

Author Topic: how to config motors with G100  (Read 34502 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: how to config motors with G100
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »
Thanks Monty,
    Here is the elipse we were talking about.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:07 PM »
Thanks Monty,

Here is the 3d file we talked about (Brett and I at the 3rd conf.)

File is called: "Grahms_Butt_Crack.TAP"    (Yes we scanned, Probed,  and then Tapped Grahms butt crack).

Scott and Brett
fun times

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 08:22:23 PM »
I'm a little concerned about your file naming convention ;D.

Although not a qualified proctologist, I will attempt to explore Grahms_Butt_Crack with a 3000Lb power tool. All in the interest of science of course.

Seriously though; you guys should be carefull, poppabear and Mr Chaos naming files in such a way. I am starting to have visions of the village people. What exaclty are you guys doing at this "workshop"? Is Mr. Smithers there? :o

Monty

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 10:25:56 PM »
Well,

Close, but no cigar.

Although not a qualified proctologist, I can state that Grahm's butt crack is problematic. Although the problem is not terminal ;D.

The file runs well enough. Most motion is smooth with no big catastrophies. The one problem seems to be with inflection points. Especially into and out of the "crack". At or just after the inflection the motors will miss steps. This mostly occurs with the Z but also with the X and Y. It definately is inflection (change of curvature) or just after that causes the problem. Although the majority of the problems occur into and out of the "crack" they can also occur on the top of the "cheek" and also towards the "thigh". Always at or just after an inflection point in the tool path. The sharper the inflection the worse the problem. A slight inflection may go bump-bump. A larger one bump-----bump-bump--bump-b-b-b-bump.

Monty
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:31:19 PM by Monty »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 01:38:15 AM »
LOL, Thanks Monty,
   I was afraid it would have some problems as Graham says it was a dud even when it was new, it had a crack in it.  ;D We will look at the file and try to find the reason for the bumps.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 12:22:59 AM »
Is there anything new on the homing problem?  I'm having the same problems as described in this thread, and can't seem to find anything that makes the problems repeatable?
Zane

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »
Art and Brian are working on the problem. It is appearantly in the G100 programming which they did not do. It will be fixed eventually......

As far as predictability. I have found that once the problem occurs things go whacky and don't get better until either the machine successfully homes or you restart mach.

The machine is dangerous after the problem occurs. It is liable to run through a limit or leave the Z down and crash the work into it.

My proceedure is to restart mach if any axis fails to home properly. So far that solves the problem. A bit inconvienient, but it works.

I also home each axis individually in the diagnostics screen. I don't use the ref all home button.

Monty
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
Ok, Here is a question for you!  My DIY CNC Quilter is working just fine, however, (there is always a however these days) when I measure the travel in X and Y axis after inputing a requirement to travel 1 inch, I get travel of 13 inches.  I don't want to reduce the speed of the motors (steps), I would like to insert a formula that will reset the values of 1 inch = 0.0680.  I arrived at 0.0680 after adjusting the speed of the motors to a comfortable level that doesn't skip.  If this is possible, where is it located in the Mach3 program? In a dll or someplace else?  Sure hope you can help on this.
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
I just wired 5VDC from my PC power supply and a ground. i wired the A to the A terminal on the G100 A Axis, and the B to the B terminal on the G100 A axis. I then went into Config plug-ins, set it up there, flashed to the G100. I then wento to ports and pins, MPG's and encoders. It likes multi step best on mine at about 10%. I have attached some pics to help explain.

Brett

Many thanks Brett, very helpful post.