Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:51:40 AM

Author Topic: b axis to trigger a relay for downdraft fan  (Read 1501 times)

b axis to trigger a relay for downdraft fan
« on: September 29, 2016, 06:32:46 AM »
Hi been working on my plasma table build, and ive finally got to the  point of planning the actual wiring of the system, and i have a question i simply cant for my life figure out. anyways im building a down draft table, and I would like mach3 to trigger a small relay to trigger a larger contractor to turn on the downdraft fan....i was planning on using m08 g04 p015 code snip to do this.

I have a 5 axis bob, and ill have axis a as a slave, so i have a free b axis to be used. but in my testing trials mach3 is firing the on board relay for the torch, but I cant seem to get the b axis to and a consent trigger for a external relay.

do i need a second parallel port and a second bob? for more outputs? can i fire this relay via a serial port or usb port? if so how?

thank you in advance im trying to deal with this massive learning curve, but this little bit i just cant get past

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: b axis to trigger a relay for downdraft fan
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 06:40:28 AM »
I have my fan running from a small time-delay relay which fires with the torch but the delay holds the fan on for 30s so the rapid torch on-offs appear as a continuous signal after the delay.

Just an idea but i find it works well and uses no more outputs etc.