Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:15 AM

Author Topic: Mach3/UC 100  (Read 1704 times)

Mach3/UC 100
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
Hi,
I bought cnc hot wire cutter from cnc multitool.
I install everything ( i think correct), i start Mach 3 Loader -> choose set up for my cutter -> now i have to choose UC 100(connection to PC) -> now i have to press "RESET" button, but if i press it button still flashing and i dont use it.
Does anyone know where is the problem? Thank you
Re: Mach3/UC 100
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 03:17:07 PM »
If "RESET" stays active, there is probably still a limit signal active.  Check in the diagnostics page and see if any of the LEDs are lit.  If so, you are either at a limit stop, the wiring is incorrect or your logic on that signal is reversed.

If you are at a limit stop, you'll need to manually move that axis away from the stops or set "OverRide Limits" in the settings tab.  You could also set the "Auto LimitOverRide" but this poses potential risk so only use it if you fully understand the ramifications of such setting.  "OverRide Limits" is a one-time use setting and would need to be selected each time you need it.

To test the wiring, manually operate each limit switch while viewing the diagnostic page and see if the corresponding LED light changes from on/off or off/on.  If it does, but it is on when it should be off and vice-versa, then you need to go to the ports and pins configuration and change the active low setting for that input.

Hope this helps,

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse