Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:59:56 PM

Author Topic: Just about to throw in throw in the towel now :(  (Read 9674 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Just about to throw in throw in the towel now :(
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2016, 02:53:20 PM »
Ok searched back through my emails from CS-Lab and found the ones referring to the setting up of the Enc module for my height setter. I was correct in that initially the access was via modbus and then they changed it later on  to user DRO 1501 to 1503 I think.
Also what I was seeing  regarding the index was the counter would start with the index but as I moved the scale to the next index then it would start counting negative, likely that has all changed now as that was over 3 years ago.

Regarding the reset button, I do recall they mentioned something like that to me but as I had the Index working by that time I didn't look into it.

The only reason I wouldn't have such a button is I don't need one as the Index  pulse does it fine for me.

Also found via my email searching that on the Chiron I am not using a relay but rather I am using a voltage divider to take the output down from 24v to 4.7v for the Enc modules Index input, so I am feeding it with a positive voltage.
I seem to  remember though that when we set the Index input up  on Forbes's Avon via a relay that it wasn't working and we had to take it to 0v for some reason.

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 03:13:38 PM »
Thanks Hood,

Yes its UserDRO 1501 to 1503 now.

I have fitted a reset button on screen now and yes it does work as i thought earlier, so all i need to do now is fit a pulse of some sort to trigger the counter each time Mach comes out of reset, that shouldn't be too demanding i think, just a matter of figuring the best way. I am using the 5v supply to the encoder for the pulse to the input of the line driver, still not sure if it should be 0v or 5v though, but it works on 0v.

Back to the main issue...

The new screen-set with user DRO and code moved to a VB button seems to have fixed all the troubles, been messing with it for a good couple of hours and cat get it to lock-up or otherwise stall or mess about. Tool height-setter can be called any time, works every time, macros still work before and after using it, all motion calls still work.

Thanks all

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 06:18:16 PM »
Do you have the line driver output connected to I+ and I- ?

Good to hear the issues have gone :)

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2016, 02:12:31 AM »
Yes, full differential on all inputs now.

It does seem to be working smoothly again now.