Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:58:49 PM

Author Topic: Need some help setting up limit switches in Mach3  (Read 4861 times)

Need some help setting up limit switches in Mach3
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »
Hi I have just gotten in house my first 3040 CNC machine from china and have so far managed to configure the motors and I have milled my first tests and it worked well.

but I can not figure out how to configure limit brytterene.
manual as it says only this about them.

Is there are some of you who can help me with this?

complete manual here
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20952570/CNC/HY-TB3%20CNC%20Series%20Manual.pdf
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:18:40 PM by kennethnilsen69@me.com »

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help setting up limit switches in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:06:48 AM »
I can't help but someone would be a hero if they converted and re-published the documents for these machines, so many people struggling;)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
From the above document, it looks pretty standard.  Pins 2/3 are the X Axis (Pulse/DIR), 4/5 are the Y Axis, 6/7 are the Z Axis, 8/9 are the A (4th) Axis, and Pin 1 can be used for the Enable signal for all if desired.

For the limit switches, pin 11 is the Z Axis limit switch input, pin 12 is the X and pin 13 is the y.  E-stop is on pin 15 and pin 10 is available to use (possibly for the tool probe).  These are all referenced to the parallel port numbering.  The "Interface" numbering seems to be the board pin numbers for the actual hook-up internal to the control box.

For the limit switches (also doubles as the homing signal) four wires are needed.  The first is connected to a ground (GND) pin on the board and connects to all switch signal legs.  Each axis would then have two switches (or three if there is a seperate homing switch needed) which return a signal to the referenced pin.  My preference is to wire the switches for each axis NC in series for safety purposes as a broken wire would be detected this way.  You would then configure Mach3/4 for an active HIGH signal (uncheck the active low check-box) for proper operation.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 01:04:29 AM »
Your manual is a lot better than most I have seen!

Are you sure that you do have limit switches fitted?
Most of these don't have any. Fitting some was the first job for me with mine.

If you have limits, there will be wires in the relevant connectors on the interface board.
In Mach3, you need to set the limits up in Ports and pins/ Input signals.

Jim
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 05:24:19 PM »
Well manual was not quite right but I figured it out :-).

One can not trust 100% on the Chinese :-)))) but I'm currently quite so happy with the machine :-)

this is the correct working limit setup
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:29:36 PM by Kenneth Nilsen »
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:39:05 AM »
thanks for taking the time to document this :)

regards