Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:49:05 PM

Author Topic: Need help with new board  (Read 3583 times)

Need help with new board
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
I am in possession of a Shark Pro machine and the control box went out. NW said they would fix it but would be 4 weeks before parts came in. I waited 3 weeks and contacted them, I was told we cant get a new board but will sell you a new control box for $500. I was a little steamed but was bound and detremined to build me a new box. I ordered http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2-5A-Single-Axis-TB6600-CNC-Engraving-Machine-Stepper-Motor-Driver-Controller-/361544404014?var&hash=item542db9cc2e%3Am%3AmtixuttxGlfB_l8F9-CCF0A and this board http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Axis-USB-CNC-Card-Controller-Interface-Board-USBCNC-Replaceable-MACH3-DIY-NEW-/191616515484?hash=item2c9d3bfd9c%3Ag%3AzzcAAOSwT6pVkhgm . I know someone out there has had a runin with this board. My question is how do you go it to configure / or is there a plugin out there in cyberland somewhere to make these things work. I am a newborn to the cnc world and am a little overwhelmed and frustrated at the moment. My friends maching has been down since April and we want to get it working again. I would appreciate and and all help I can get on this matter.

Thank you in advance
Brady Pauley
Re: Need help with new board
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 11:21:51 AM »
 Hi does the computer that you are using  for your cnc have a parallel port? if it does then you will also need a BOB(breakout board) if not the you will need something like a smooth stepper or the UC100. Really a G540 is the easiest rout.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:13:11 PM »
I am building the electronics cabinet on my Homemade CNC,

I see that your USBCNC  board is using USB and not a Parallel port,

for us to help you we (I) need a (or more) photos of the control box.

Did the DC (should be 24-40vdc) transformer survive?

regards
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Was there any manual or disk included with that USB card?  If you have the manual in electronic form, could you post it here?  I'll take a look at it and see what we can figure out for you.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 08:54:57 PM »
Hi does the computer that you are using  for your cnc have a parallel port? if it does then you will also need a BOB(breakout board) if not the you will need something like a smooth stepper or the UC100. Really a G540 is the easiest rout.

No the laptop I'm using doesnt have a parallel port. It came with no software or instruction or wiring diagram.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 08:56:07 PM »
I am building the electronics cabinet on my Homemade CNC,

I see that your USBCNC  board is using USB and not a Parallel port,

for us to help you we (I) need a (or more) photos of the control box.

Did the DC (should be 24-40vdc) transformer survive?

regards

I am building a homemade box for this one as well. I am using an old computer tower with a 26v-40v power supply the usb cnc board not parallel port, as far as pictures i havent taken any as of yet but will be in the next day or so.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:58:28 PM by Bpauley »
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
Was there any manual or disk included with that USB card?  If you have the manual in electronic form, could you post it here?  I'll take a look at it and see what we can figure out for you.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse

No manual or disk came with it. I have sent the seller a msg and waiting for response to see if they have software or plugin for it to be used with mach 3 because on the board description is says its for mach 3 replacement. If so is there a plugin i can get to make it work with what i have without having to buy another board.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 05:53:41 AM »
The controller board you have linked to is a Chinese replacement (almost certainly a rip-off) for the USB CNC motion controller manufactured by Planet CNC.

It will not work with Mach3 or Mach4.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 06:10:14 AM »
If not then get a refund from/via Ebay?? as it says its a mach3 replacement

regards