Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:38:43 PM

Author Topic: Mach4lathe backlash comp with the pokeys57cnc and encoder  (Read 2350 times)

Mach4lathe backlash comp with the pokeys57cnc and encoder
« on: August 05, 2016, 03:20:58 PM »
 I have had success using mach4lathe and the machmotion wizard for threading 3/4-16, 1/2-20 ands 1/2-13 . The problem is that I have about .007 backlash in my X axis. On a mill that would be unacceptable but on a lathe in most cases backlash(BL) comp is perfectly fine. To get the correct thread depth I had after running the G code crank in .0035 into the cross slide and rerun the G code.
In mach4lathe config I have Motor 0 as the X axis and I have backlash entered as .007 . No being use what they meant by units I also divide the backlash value by the decimal value of 1 step which was 112 .In pokeys I have the pulse engine set for BL comp but with a dial indicator set up on my X axis I see no compensation added when I use the MDI and enter G01 X.05 then read the Dial next enter G01X0 and read the dial. No comp is being added.
Has anyone got BL comp to work? If so what else did you do?

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4lathe backlash comp with the pokeys57cnc and encoder
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:02:30 AM »
BL is implemented in the motion controller.  And not all of them do it.  :(
Re: Mach4lathe backlash comp with the pokeys57cnc and encoder
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:18:02 AM »
 I found that for backlash comp to work you need the latest development version of Mach4 and the latest Pokeys firmware and pluggin. It's now working.
DanMauch

I have had success using mach4lathe and the machmotion wizard for threading 3/4-16, 1/2-20 ands 1/2-13 . The problem is that I have about .007 backlash in my X axis. On a mill that would be unacceptable but on a lathe in most cases backlash(BL) comp is perfectly fine. To get the correct thread depth I had after running the G code crank in .0035 into the cross slide and rerun the G code.
In mach4lathe config I have Motor 0 as the X axis and I have backlash entered as .007 . No being use what they meant by units I also divide the backlash value by the decimal value of 1 step which was 112 .In pokeys I have the pulse engine set for BL comp but with a dial indicator set up on my X axis I see no compensation added when I use the MDI and enter G01 X.05 then read the Dial next enter G01X0 and read the dial. No comp is being added.
Has anyone got BL comp to work? If so what else did you do?