Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 06:26:18 PM

Author Topic: Ethernet Motion Controllers  (Read 5929 times)

Ethernet Motion Controllers
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
I am building a CNC Plasma Cutter and I want a more modern setup computerwise as PP motherboards are disappearing and old machines only last for so long.
So as far  as I know there are not many  Ethernet motion controllers around with Smooth Stepper being one and http://www.cncdrive.com/UC400ETH.html being another.
The Smooth Stepper is probably the more popular and or better than the UC400ETH, but it is also almost double the cost which is one of my problems,lack of cash :(
So any advice for or against both controllers.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Ethernet Motion Controllers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
I am perhaps biased because I have been using the USS and subsequently ESS for some 10 years now and have complete confidence in the Warp9 team to keep up with the latest Mach developments and update their plugin software accordingly.
The Warp9, Ethernet Smooth Stepper will allow superb operation with Mach3 and if you need to upgrade at a later stage, Mach4 (using different plugins) so this is my favorite runner.

Tweakie.

(somebody once said "you get what you pay for"  ;) ).
PEACE
Re: Ethernet Motion Controllers
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:19:20 AM »
Thanks, I just wanted some input from others like yourself because regardless of product or price you will always have the for and against fans on forums especially.
Here in Oz there is a $100 difference in price approximately, which is still a another  $100 that might be saved for some other component.
I have also bought good name brand stuff that crapped itself and the no name China Special is still rocking on, so you can never win can you :(