Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:32:34 AM

Author Topic: homing switches  (Read 3621 times)

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
homing switches
« on: May 23, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »
 i am building a new mill. the switches are combined home & limit 1 per axis. the problwm i am having is they do not back off home quite enough.  z axis is about 2 clicks short of not setting off the reset . x &y are a little more. is there some setting i can set for how much they move off home, or do i need to change the switch or ramp angles so i do  not have to move them manually? thanks greg

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
Re: homing switches
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »
I think it is the debounce setting that you raise. Don't quote me on it, but just something to try in the interim of someone posting that actually knows.  ;)
Lee

Offline klmark

•  107 107
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
Hi
I had the same question for ART To make it back off the limit switch more He tooled me the only way is with the debounce setting and it did work for me
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 05:09:11 PM »
I thought Mach 3 joged untill the switch cleared.
If your switch is bouncing it would probably cause this as other have stated.
Just my 2 cents.

Offline greg

•  66 66
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »
i just had a chance to work on the new machine,it took me 6 hrs. to get the wiring neat. then i changed the debounce & it works great now. thanks to you guys it was real simple. greg

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
I just ran into limit switch problems. One of the challenges I had was that the limit switch must be fastened ROCK SOLID. If it wiggles a tiny bit (<64th) and then triggers again the system stop the backing up and even starts to throw a limit switch exception into the mix to confuse one totally. All within the same micro second. Right now I only use Home switches and SoftLimits. I found a lot of noise from the stepper on the limit switch line, and that causes nuisance triggers for limits. Bad thing.... you come back from Lunch just to find out the machine stopped 2 minutes after you left, and went to lunch on it's own....
Lemo
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 07:35:50 PM by lemo »
Cut five times and still to short...