Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:07:22 AM

Author Topic: How to automatically move to a coordinate after G-Code is done?  (Read 3257 times)

I have a part that I cut out of aluminum which is locked down on a jig. I usually cut out 50 - 100 pieces of the same part at a time. My usual routine is to wait until the G-Code is done running, wait for the spindle to raise 0.25 inch per the G-Code, and then manually jog the spindle over to a negative X coordinate so I have room to unscrew the part from the jig. I would like to add the negative X coordinate in the G-Code so I don't have to push the "left arrow" and manually move the spindle out of the way. I would think there is a way for me to add a line at the bottom of the G-Code that does this as part of the the whole G-Code. As an example, I would like to have the spindle move to the coordinates of Z0.25, X-4.3, and Y-2.0 once the part is cut out...how do I do this?

Thanks!

Marshall
Re: How to automatically move to a coordinate after G-Code is done?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:01:05 PM »
You can just add it manually. Are you looking for a way to have it added automatically?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:08:29 PM »
Either...how do I add it manually? I know I can open up the actually G-Code in a text program. What would be the text I insert at the end?

Thanks,

Marshall
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:54:52 AM »
Thanks!

So if I wanted my spindle to move to coordinates X-4.3, Y-2.0 after the piece is cut, I would insert the following at the end of the G-Code?

G0 X-4.3 Y-2.0

Is this correct?

Marshall
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:06:52 PM »
Can you not set a work coordiante for that?  G54 should call the distance from parked or home to the 0x, 0y corner of your table. I have noticed that a lot of home builds do not set a home position and use no work coordinate offsets.  Why is that?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:42:55 PM »
I have noticed that a lot of home builds do not set a home position and use no work coordinate offsets.  Why is that?

Technically, just about everyone uses work offsets. When they zero the axis to set XY zero, they're setting the offsets for G54.

A lot of hobby users don't use home switches because they don't do anything that requires them.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html