Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:16:39 AM

Author Topic: X axis not functioning properly  (Read 3893 times)

X axis not functioning properly
« on: July 17, 2016, 12:43:49 PM »
New to C & C world and have recently purchased a 6040 router/mill machine.  After setting up Mach 3 and manually running the xyz axis from the keyboard, the y and z function properly  and move as commanded.  The x axis will move right when commanded right and when you command to move left it still moves right.  You can let off the left command button and hit it again and it will start moving left.  When you command it to move right again it still moves left.  You can let off the right command button and hit it again and it will move right. 

Does anyone have any insight on what I may need to do to correct this?
Re: X axis not functioning properly
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 07:43:56 AM »
I am having this same issue, have you had any luck with finding the cause of this?

I am to the point where I am debating ordering a new controller to try out.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:06:32 AM »
Hi guys,

Are you using the parallel port or an external motion controller ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:51:26 PM »
I am not sure what you mean by parallel port but I am not running an external motion controller. My servo drives are controlled straight from the ports on the HiCon Integra. The axis are wired into J2 the first axis wires are in( -SP0,+SP0,-DR0,+DR0)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
here is a picture of the controller

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 01:36:26 AM »
The HiCon Integra is an Ethernet driven external motion controller as far as Mach3 is concerned ( Mach3 sends the axis Direction and Step data to the HiCon which in turn provides the necessary signals to the motor drivers ).
If any axis occasionally moves in the wrong direction then it most unlikely to be related to the Mach3 setup. Check all your wiring, in particular carefully inspect the condition and security of the various connectors – perhaps reinstall Mach3 and also the HiCon plugin software.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »
I reinstalled Mach3 and updated the firmware on the Hicon controller. I also made all new cables that go between the controller drive and encoder board. I am still having the x axis issue.

So I purchased a new HiCon Integra controller. The issue I am having with that is they come preloaded with Mach 4 firmware and I am running Mach3. When I open VSI Device Manager it will connect to the controller but all of the buttons on the main page where you download the new firmware are greyed out. Not sure what is causing this. I have tried several different ethernet cables and had no luck.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 12:21:12 PM »
So I purchased a new HiCon Integra controller. The issue I am having with that is they come preloaded with Mach 4 firmware and I am running Mach3. When I open VSI Device Manager it will connect to the controller but all of the buttons on the main page where you download the new firmware are greyed out. Not sure what is causing this. I have tried several different ethernet cables and had no luck.

I think this is really a question for Vital Systems and my advice would be to contact them directly ?

Tweakie.
PEACE